Are you looking for compatible Safelink smartphones? This year is the best year to get a Safelink compatible smartphone because the latest models with the best features are out. This review will help you find the most suitable phone that will work with your needs as well as the wireless phone service that you have been looking for.
Table of Contents
Why Safelink Smartphone?
Safelink does not just provide mobile services; this is a government benefits program that provides free Government Smartphones for low income consumers by providing free and affordable phone services. Safelink gives low-income families access to Safelink touch Screen Phones to quality mobile phone service no matter where they are. If you qualify for a Safelink service, you will get a free cell phone plan. Mobile phone plans and data plans vary depending on what state you live in.
Safelink is available in almost all U.S. states including Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
The best Safelink smartphone models of 2023 reviewed
iPhone 6 LTE
One of the most updated smartphones that are compatible with Safelink is the iPhone 6 LTE. Released in September 2014, this is a phone with a 4.7” 750 x 1334 pixel multitouch touchscreen that lets you check out dazzling images and videos. Safelink offers the iPhone 6 at only $399 with their special discount offer available from any local Safelink store.
The iPhone 6 LTE has a front glass and a sleek aluminum body that will surely fit your lifestyle. It is powered by dual-core 1.4 GHz CPU and uses iOS 8 which can be upgradable to iOS 11.2.5. Take excellent photos with its 8MP primary camera with phase detection and dual –tone flash. The phone’s selfie camera is 1.2 MP with face detection and FaceTime. This is one of the safest smartphones you will ever own because it comes with fingerprint security features. A single charge of its non-removable Li-Po battery will give you up to 14 hours talk time and up to 250 hours standby time. iPhone 6 supports 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB and NFC.
The iPhone 6 LTE is available in variety of colors you love like space gray, gold and silver. Safelink offers the iPhone 6 LTE under the T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon phone networks.
- 4.7” 750 x 1334 pixel multitouch touchscreen
- With durable front glass and aluminum body
- With dual-core 1.4 GHz CPU
- With iOS 8, upgradable to iOS 11.2.5
- With 8MP primary camera
- With phase detection
- With dual-tone flash
- With 1.2 MP with face detection and FaceTime
- With fingerprint security features
- Li-Po battery up to 14 hours talk time and up to 250 hours standby time
- Available in variety of colors (space gray, gold and silver)
- Available under the T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon phone networks
- With longer talk times and standby times
- With large screen
- Durable glass screen and phone body
- Will protect phone data with fingerprint security features
- Will work with your lifestyle with a variety of colors
- Can connect and support a variety of networks and connectivity
- Does not have a quad-core processor
- Has only 1GB of RAM
- With a non-removable Li-Po battery
- This smartphone is not water resistant and is not dustproof
Samsung Galaxy J5 LTE
One of the most popular Safelink smartphones available for subscription is the Samsung Galaxy J5 LTE. This Samsung phone is available for subscription at $179; visit your local Safelink shop to get the latest deals for this phone this year.
The Samsung Galaxy J5 LTE was released in June 2015 and since then; it has been one of the most favorite among Android phone lovers. It has a durable and efficient plastic body with a super AMOLED capacitive 5.0-inch touchscreen. This phone comes with Android 5.1 Lollipop and is completely upgradable to 6.0.1 Marshmallow. It has ultra-fast processing speeds using its quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 chip.
When it comes to taking photos, the Galaxy J5 LTE’s primary camera offers 13 MP with autofocus and LED flash features. Its selfie camera is at 5MP and is equipped with an LED flash. Battery-wise, this phone has a removable Li-ion battery that can give you up to 18 hours talk time and up to 62 hours music play time in one complete charge. This Safelink smartphone is available in white, gold and black.
- Supports GSM/HSPA/LTE networks
- Weighs only 5.15 ounces
- With a plastic body
- With single SIM or dual SIM models
- With 5.0 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors
- Uses Android 5.1 Lollipop and upgradable to 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- With Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 chipset
- With Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex – A53 CPU
- With microSD slot up to 256 GB
- With 1.5 GB RAM
- Primary camera with 13MP, autofocus, LED flash
- With geo-tagging, face detection and touch focus
- Secondary camera with 5MP with LED flash
- Can connect via WLAN, Bluetooth, microUSB 2.0 and USB on-the-go
- Removable Li-ion 2600 mAh battery
- Talk time up to 18 hours and music play up to 62 hours
HTC one M9 LTE
User-friendly and easy on the budget is the HTC one M9 LTE smartphone which is packed with amazing features that you will surely admire. Safelink offers this smartphone under all kinds of network subscribers for only $229.
The HTC one M9 has been around since March 2015 and is a smartphone with a splash-resistant aluminum body. It has a 5-inch screen with 1080 x 1920 pixels and will fit your rugged style with scratch-resistant glass, proximity sensor and ambient light sensor. You will admire its 20 MP camera that will let you capture images in great detail. The UltraPixel camera is located at the front of the device to capture your perfect selfie shots.
This HTC smartphone is powered by the Snapdragon 810 chipset and has 3GB of DDR4 RAM and 32 GB of storage so you can perform different tasks simultaneously. You can get more talk time out of the HTC smartphone up to 25 hours while standby time is 16 days.
- Supports GSM/HSPA/LTE network technologies
- Weighs only 5.54 ounces
- With an all-aluminum body
- Uses Nano SIM
- With Super 5.0-inch LCD3 Capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors
- With multitouch screen made of Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- With HTC Sense UI 7.0
- Uses Android 5.0 Lollipop and upgradable to 7.0 Nougat
- With Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810
- With octa-core Cortex-A53 & 4 x 2.0 GHz Cortex – A57
- Supports microSD up to 256 GB
- Internal memory of 32 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Primary camera with 20MP, autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Primary camera with geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama and HDR
- Records video up to 2160p @ 30fps, HDR and stereo sound
- Secondary camera with 4MP, HDR at 1080p @ 120fps
- With 3.5mm jack for headphones
- With stereo speakers
- Connects via WLAN, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, USB, microUSB and infrared port
- With stereo FM radio
- With non-removable Li-Po 2840 mAh battery
- With up to 391 hours of standby time
- Up to 25 hours talk time
- Available in Gunmetal Gray, Amber Gold, Silver/ Rose Gold, Gold/Pink, Pink
- Has the longest battery talk and standby times
- More ways to connect to the web or to share files
- With octa-core chip
- Very light at less than 6 ounces
- Updated primary and secondary cameras
- With more colors to choose from
- Is not waterproof or dustproof
- Non-removable battery
LG Google Nexus
Another best Safelink smartphone is the LG Google Nexus which has been released in 2013. This smartphone is available for only $99 this year making it one of the most affordable models from any Safelink shop.
The LG Google Nexus 5 is a sleek smartphone with a plastic body. It has a True HD IPS + capacitive 4.95-inch touchscreen made of Corning Gorilla Glass 3 with 16 M colors which will surely make it amazing to watch videos and view photos from. It is powered by Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS and is upgradable to 6.0 Marshmallow. You can work fast and expect faster response times with its Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset.
The Nexus 5 primary 8 MP camera has autofocus, OIS and LED flash features. Secondary 1.3 MP selfie camera provides fantastic shots making it a good travel gadget to carry. This phone has a non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery that can give you 300 hours of standby time and up to 17 hours of talk time.
- Supports GSM/HSPA network technologies
- Weighs only 4.90 ounces
- Uses micro SIM
- With 4.7 inches True HD IPS Plus capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors
- Glass made of Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- Uses Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, upgradable to 5.1 Lollipop
- With Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro
- With Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait CPU
- No memory card spot
- With only 2GB internal RAM
- Primary camera with 8 MP ¼”, autofocus, LED flash
- Primary camera with geo0-tagging, touch focus, face detection and photo sphere
- Secondary camera at 1.5 MP
- With 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connects via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB 2.0 SlimPort
- With non-removable Li-Po battery
- With standby time up to 390 hours and talk time up to 15 hours
- Comes in black and white colors
- With long battery life
- Enjoy great shots with updated primary and secondary cameras
- With vibrant screen and rich colors
- Does not have a microSD card port
- Is not waterproof or dustproof
- Limited memory storage
Alcatel Ideal LTE
A very affordable Safelink smartphone is the Alcatel Ideal LTE which is available for only $39. This Alcatel model is fairly new, released just July 2016. It is a simple, easy to use Alcatel smartphone model that is capable of calls, texts, enjoying multimedia and browsing the web. It has a 4.5-inch LCD-capacitive screen with 16M ultra-vibrant colors and cool details. It supports 2G and 4G networks making it a versatile smartphone to use.
This smartphone is ready to take images with its 5.0MP primary camera capable of 720p video recording. It has a secondary 2MP selfie camera which will let you take excellent selfie shots all the time. Cameras have autofocus, self-timer, face detection, smile detection, scene modes, HDR and face beauty but have no flash. The Alcatel Ideal comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop and is non-upgradable and has a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 chipset for faster and more efficient responses. This blue and sleek smartphone comes with a Li-ion 1780 mAh with up to 5 hours talk time and up to 14 hours of music play time.
- Comes in blue color
- Weighs 136.1 grams
- Supports 2G and 4G networks
- Uses micro-SIM
- With 4.5 inch LCD capacitive touchscreen
- With 16M colors
- Primary camera with 5.0 MP with flash
- Secondary camera with 2.0 MP
- With autofocus, self-timer, face detection, smile detection, Scene Modes, HDR and Face Beauty
- Uses Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Uses Qualcomm Snapdragon 210
- With 1.1 GHz quad-core processor
- With 8 GB internal storage
- With microSD card slot up to 128 GB
- Connects via Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, microUSB 2.0
- Li-ion battery with 5 hours talk time and up to 14 hours music play time
- Improved connectivity
- Good camera features
- Supports 2G and 4G networks
- Short battery time
- Non-upgradable Android OS
- Not waterproof or dustproof
The following are much-older phone models but are nonetheless very efficient and comes with a light price tag. Most of these phones are very durable and will withstand the common scratches and drops better than updated touchscreen models. Safelink offers the following affordable retro phone models.
The Motorola W376g is a tracfone or flip phone which was initially available in June 2008. This is a lightweight phone with soft numeric keypads that will let you call and text your friends and family comfortably. The screen has a 128 x 160 pixel capacity which will display photos, videos and all the phone functions solid and bright.
This tracfone has a primary 0.3 megapixel VGA camera equipped with digital zoom. This will let you take fantastic shots at the best lighting. However, it is not equipped with autofocus features. The Motorola W376g has a removable 850 mAh that will give you 7.50 hours of talk time and 10.4 days (250 hours) of standby time. This phone comes with standard features like music ringtones (MP3), vibration and speakerphone. Take note that these may be standard features for current phones but were the most in-demand features way back when it was launched.
Technically the Motorola W376g phone may be an old model that you will love over the years. There may be more updated touchscreen phones to come but the lovable flip phone like this Motorola number will take you back in time.
- With retro clamshell design
- Weighs 95 grams
- With numeric keypad
- With soft keys
- Comes with left buttons for volume control
- With 126 x 160 pixels
- With TFT screen
- With 65.536 colors
- With 0.01 internal storage
- With replaceable Li- ion
- With 7.50 hours talk time
- With 10.4 days standby time
- With FM radio
- With 3.5 Motorola W376g
- With 3.5 mm jack
- WAP browser
- Capable of global roaming and GPRS
- With Bluetooth to share files
With organizer features
With a cool retro design
- Does not have a microSD card slot for additional storage
- With very thick and heavy body
- Does not have automatic screen brightness features
- With only one, primary camera
- Low quality camera
Alcatel 382G “The Big Easy”
One of the easiest phones to use is the Alcatel 382G. You can clearly see why it is called “The Big Easy.” It has large buttons that you can easily see even if you wear glasses. Seniors and people who are hard at seeing numbers and letters will like “The Big Easy’s” big buttons and extra-large fonts.
This tracfone has all the features that you need for a phone: text messaging, voice mail, call waiting, caller ID and hands-free speaker. It has a 2.0 inch TFT display that boasts a 176 x 220 pixel resolution to let you clearly see letters, numbers, symbols and images. It supports SMS and EMS over GSM networks. It has a built-in bright flashlight to let you see in the dark and of course FM radio which is accessible using your headset as antenna.
You will also take calls clearly with its rich call clarity feature. The loudspeaker is clear and loud with very minimal distortion so it is compatible with Hearing Aid Compatibility rating of M3/T4. The Big Easy comes with a 1,000 mAh Li-ion battery that will give you up to 3 hours of talk time and up to 16 days standby time. This Safelink phone does not connect to the web but it is an efficient phone and text messaging device with useful features.
- Big buttons
- Easy to use
- Hands-free speaker
- Text messaging
- Voice mail, call waiting and caller ID capable
- Simple and compact design
- Ergonomic design
- With 2.0 TFT display settings with 176 x 220 pixel resolution
- Supports SMS and EMS via GSM networks
- With built-in flashlight
- With FM radio
- With background noise reducer
- Li-ion battery with up 3.96 hours of talk time
- With up to 16 days standby time
- With large, lighted keys
- Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC) Rating: M3/T4
- With alarm clock, hands-free, call forwarding
- Large buttons perfect for seniors and people who are hard at seeing numbers
- Buttons light up when pressed
- Easy to use even by seniors
- Versatile to use, can support SMS and EMS via GSM networks
- With built-in flashlight for safety
- With background noise reducer
- Not capable of connecting to the web
- Just a very basic, simple phone
The LG221c is a flip basic phone that is still being offered by Safelink as one of their budget phones. This has a numeric keypad with soft keys to make it easier and more efficient to make calls and to compose texts. It also comes with a D-Pad to let you navigate from one app/icon to another and to scroll through texts and contacts easily. The large LCD screen is big enough to make calls and compose texts; the fonts can be adjusted according to your needs. This LG phone is hearing aid compatible and has a loudspeaker that will let you listen to the radio or to saved music. This phone is also capable of voice commands, voice recording and voice dialing; simply say the command out loud and this phone will check your contacts, dial saved numbers and more. This phone can also connect to the web via a basic browser and may have limited browsing features as well.
This clamshell phone does not have a camera on the back and does not have a microSD slot for storage expansion. Therefore you only have to rely on phone memory to hold all your data. The LG221C has a very bright screen but there is no way to adjust the screen’s brightness according to your needs. This phone has a standard rechargeable battery, has three hours talk time and up to 12.5 days or 300 hours standby time.
- With LCD screen
- With numeric keypads, soft keys and D-pad
- Comes in black color
- Weighs 3.36 ounces
- Battery is removable and rechargeable
- Has up to 3 hours of talk time, has 12.5 days of standby time
- With Bluetooth connectivity
- With bright LCD screen to see photos, icons and videos easily
- Weighs less and can be taken anywhere
- Connects via Bluetooth to transfer files efficiently
- Does not have a camera on the back of the phone
- Does not have a microSD slot to expand storage
- Does not support automatic screen brightness so you need to manually adjust it in the phone settings
The Samsung S425G is a tracfone that is capable of basic calls, texts, MMS, basic WAP browsing, Java and may connect to Bluetooth. This phone has a unique design called a side-slider; it can slide to the side to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard with a numerical pad in the middle. As the phone slides to reveal this secret keyboard panel, the screen rotates to complement the keyboard.
This Samsung phone was released way back in 2012 and is still being offered by Safelink as a budget-friendly basic phone. It has a 2.4-inch TFT screen with 240 x 320 pixels. You will be able to clearly see icons and images, compose texts and check contacts and browse the web clearly with this vibrant screen. The camera is better than most tracfones because you can now enjoy smile detection, 4x digital zoom and scenes and effects. It is powered by a single core 416 MHz processor with a built in storage of 0.117 GB with a storage expansion of up to 32 GB. This phone has a basic rechargeable battery that can give you up to 6 hours talk time and up to 12.5 days of stand-by time.
The Samsung SGH- S425G has great basic features but does not have Wi-Fi. Its camera does not have autofocus and flash features while the screen has very low pixel density. You will not be able to adjust the screen brightness of this phone. But despite these disadvantages, this phone remains to be a good Safelink budget-friendly phone to consider.
- With unique sliding QWERTY keyboard
- Weighs only 4.13 ounces
- With numeric keypad, soft keys and D-Pad
- Available in black
- With 2.4-inch TFT screen with 240 x 320 pixels
- With 2 MP camera, with smile detection and digital zoom
- With camcorder feature
- With Single-core 416 MHz processor
- With 0.117 GB internal storage can expand up to 32 GB
- Removable and rechargeable battery with up to 6 hours talk time
- With up to 12.5 days standby time
- With loudspeaker
- With flight mode
- With Bluetooth connectivity
- With colorful and sharp screen
- With internal storage up to 32 GB
- Improved battery time
- Can transfer files via Bluetooth technology
- Very limited external storage
- Does not have Wi-Fi
- Camera does not have flash and autofocus
- Does not support automatic screen brightness
- With low-pixel density screen
The LG840G is a feature phone that has basic specs and features with a 3.2” touchscreen display. It has a 3.2-inch TFT screen that will let you enjoy bright and clear images, icons, photos and videos. It has a basic 2MP camera equipped with digital zoom, self-timer, night mode, special effects and white balance presets. You can also use its camcorder function to capture cool videos and store these in a micro-SD card.
Use this phone to play music; it can arrange saved music into playlists, artists, albums and genres. You can also use this as a loudspeaker to listen to music or enjoy FM radio music. You will be able to connect to Wi-Fi hotspots to use the LG 840G to browse the web, check your email or to watch videos. You will also enjoy longer talk times with the LG 840G basic rechargeable battery that can give you up to 5 hours of talk time and up to 8 days stand-by time.
This phone has good features making it a suitable basic phone however its camera does not have autofocus and flash features. Its screen does not automatically adjust so you need to manually adjust brightness according to your preference.
- Supports GSM, WCDMA, EDGE, HSDPA and GPRS
- With rear-facing camera
- With voice recorder
- With 3.2 touchscreen
- With speakerphone, call timer, conference call and vibrating alert
- Can connect via Bluetooth
- With microSD card 2 GB port
- Supports microSDHC up to 32 GB
- Can hold up to 1000 phone book entries
- Battery life up to 222 minutes talk time and 312 hours standby time
- Can hold thousands of contact entries; ideal for users with a lot of contacts
- Comes with conference calls and speakerphone features
- Can share files via Bluetooth
- With microSD card port to expand memory
- Longer battery times for longer talk and stand by times
- Memory expansion is very limited
- Does not have a selfie camera
- Screen is not too bright and vivid
How to find Safelink compatible phones
Aside from the ten mobile phones we have mentioned, there are plenty more phones that are compatible with Safelink. But how do you know that the smartphone model you have been eyeing on is compatible? The easiest way to find out is to visit a local Safelink office or shop to inquire.
When you visit a Safelink shop, you will not just be able to find compatible phones to use but check out phones that will suit your budget. As you can see, there are phones that are available for almost all price-ranges. You will find affordable phones at less than $40.00 while phones at higher price ranges are also available.
Aside from finding more affordable phones or smartphones you will also find phones that will match your specific needs. For instance, you might be looking for an affordable phone with a larger storage space for files, photos and videos. The Safelink shop has a variety of smartphone models and will be able to recommend a good model that will suit your special needs.
No Safelink shops near your area? You can otherwise check out their official site at . This site has a large variety of smartphone models to choose from plus special features to help you shop like the convenient Phone Filter that can filter phone models according to color, brand, price range and more.
Safelink Bring Your Own Phone
Instead of shopping for smartphones, you can also opt to bring your own phone. Bringing your own phone has a lot of advantages. You don’t need to spend money on a brand new phone, you already know how to use the phone you have and you don’t need to buy accessories to customize a new phone. Basically, all you need is to take your own phone to a Safelink shop or office near you. You may also contact Safelink from their official site to enroll your personal phone.
And of course, you must be sure that your phone is compatible with Safelink before purchasing plans or services. You can otherwise visit Safelink to inquire or check out their official site to find out if your phone is ready to take Safelink.
Once you have figured out that your device is indeed compatible with Safelink, you can now get started on Safelink. Their friendly and helpful representative will guide you when you bring your smartphone at their shop or when you purchase products from their official website. The quick and easy setup can be done at home or at the Safelink shop, either way, you get services that are very affordable without changing your phone.
Upgrading your Safelink smartphone
Most Safelink phones models get a complete upgrade almost every year. There are better, faster and more efficient smartphone models that are ready to use together with Safelink services. With these in mind then maybe it’s time you get an upgrade.
You may either upgrade your phone model by purchasing a new phone unit from Safelink or by bringing your own phone. If you have your own phone and you think that it is compatible with Safelink then activate it by visiting their office or their official site at . And if you wish to avail of Safelink’s promotional offer on new phone units, visit this link as well to get started. A number of good models are waiting for you; hurry before supply runs out.
What accessories are available from Safelink?
No matter what phone model you have, a new or used Safelink compatible phone needs a lot of TLC and one way to care for your smartphone is to use top quality, compatible accessories for your phone. Safelink’s online site and physical stores offer genuine phone accessories.
Tempered glass – one of the most commonly sold accessory is tempered glass. This is glass that will help protect the actual glass of the phone. This special glass is tempered so it will resist temperature extremes and at the same time will resist moisture and heat build-up. Tempered glass is easy to install and are mostly available for almost kinds of smartphone models. At the moment, smartphones like iPhone 6 and 7 and Samsung Galaxy have tempered glass accessories available for sale.
Vapor case – this is simply a hard plastic clear case that you will place on your phone, back and front, to completely cover it. Vapor cases will protect the glass of the phone as well as the back and sides. It will also resist the build-up of vapor which can cause serious damage to your phone. It is easy to place vapor cases on your phone. Simply pop it inside a case, cover and lock it. No need to worry about any buttons along the sides or the front of the device because these are accessible despite being encased inside a vapor case. Currently only Samsung Galaxy models have vapor cases available.
Bluetooth speakers – instead of using your device’s loudspeaker, you can use a portable
Smartphone casing – give your new Safelink phone a total makeover with the many available smartphone casings. Cases are easy to use, just remove the old case and snap on the new one. You must first be very certain that the case you want to purchase and use is indeed compatible with your smartphone. Include the accessibility of buttons, the accessibility of the many ports and the accessibility of the screen and back part of the phone as well.
Safelink Plans to consider with your new smartphone this year
Now that you have a brand new phone that is compatible with Safelink or an old phone that can work with Safelink, it’s time to check out the different plants available for customers. You can always find the best Safelink wireless plan that will match your needs. Here are a few of the most popular.
This is a plan that will add up to 2GB of high-speed data for 30 days. This plan includes a 500MB of free data for enrolled customers.
Global Calling Card
Global calling card is a plan that adds international calling on your mobile phone for only $10.00. All destinations will be covered including mobile phones and this is a rate that is very competitive for calls that are from the US only. This plan should be combined with other plans to work.
You can watch videos, check your mail or browse the web using your Safelink smartphone with this card. This adds up to 4GB of high speed data that you can use for 30 days. A fixed amount of high speed data is specified with this plan. Coverage and speed of your connection may vary according to the kind of device and the time of day.
Unlimited Data Card
Get unlimited data for 30 days using the Safelink Wireless Plan for Truly Unlimited Data. This data upgrade plan includes a fixed amount of high speed data according to the plan. You must only use one kind of data plan per month. If you are using a plan with a phone, you will be sent a physical airtime card. You will activate this card using a PIN on the back of the card. This can be done as soon as you receive your airtime card.