Are cell phone bills eating your budget? Don’t you wish you knew how to get free cell phone service without paying anything at all? Yes, you can ditch paying through the roof cellular phone charges with the following strategies. A government-backed program called LifeLine Assistance provides free mobile phones with free minutes and free calls. LifeLine Assistance is an FCC-mandated program that has free phone programs that provide anywhere from 250 minutes to unlimited talk time and unlimited text times, every month.
Use free cell phone services provided by the government
This program is meant for people who cannot afford to have a mobile phone and can’t keep a monthly phone service plan. You need to qualify to receive a free phone and cell phone service though and not all free cellular phone services have the same features. Just check the following popular best free government cell phones provider with their corresponding free cell phone service features.
This LifeLine Assistance gives you a free cell phone with monthly up to 750 minutes of free calls, unlimited texts and up to 200MB data. However, you must live in Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and West Virginia. Check out Access Wireless at .
SafeLink Wireless gives you a free phone with 350 minutes and non-stop texts plus 500 MB data. If you are located in California, you will receive a free Android phone with unlimited minutes and texts plus 500 MB of data. This is the most-trusted free cell phone plan which is available in 40 states including the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Aside from California, there are two kinds of programs to choose from: you can bring your own compatible phone to get a free SIM card with 350 free minutes and unlimited texts per month and free data for three months with 500 MB for the succeeding months. Another plan is the free phone plan that gives you a free smartphone with 350 minutes and unlimited free texts plus 500 MB of free data every month. Here is complete guideline for how to get Safelink Wireless touch Screen free cell phone and Visit SafeLink Wireless official website at to find out more about their free cell phone plans.
You get free enTouch/Boomerang cell phones with free 500 minutes and 100 texts free every month. This free service is available only in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming. For all states the 500 minute and 100 texts per month plan gets 10MB data. The 500MB plan gets 100 talk and text units with 500 MB data per month. For tribal, non-California residents, a 750 MB plan comes with unlimited texts. Here is enTouch Wireless Replacement Phone complete guideline and Check out the company’s official website is .
You get 500 free voice minutes and 500 free texts per month with American Assistance. You also get free caller ID, call waiting, three-way calling and voice mail with this free service. It is available in Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Utah, West Virginia and Wisconsin. However, American Assistance does not offer free data services so this is not the service for people who need to use the internet on the go. Check out American Assistance official website at .
Infiniti Mobile free government cell phone program will give you get free cell phones, unlimited talk and texts and 2.5 GB data for only a dollar a month. Definitely this is a great deal for anyone who wants to get free cell plans however you have to be in Oklahoma to enjoy this program. Select from an Oklahoma LifeLine 1000 Plus Plan for 1500 minutes for calls and 1700 texts and 500 MB of data every month for $1 plus fees and taxes or the Oklahoma LifeLine Unlimited Plan for non-stop calling and text and 2.5 GB data every month for only $1 plus fees and taxes. Check out Infinity Mobile official website at .
Get discounted cell phone plans
LifeLine Assistance discounted rates for cell phones
If you are not satisfied with the free cell phone offers available in your area or if a free government-backed program is not available where you are located then the LifeLine discounts on cell phones and services program is for you. Some of the companies that offer discounted plans and phones are ATT Mobility, Centennial de Puerto Rico, Claro de Puerto Rico, Cordova Wireless Communications, SouthernLINC Wireless, Element Mobile, T-Mobile, Total Call Mobile, U.S. Connect , Verizon Wireless and Viaero Wireless to name a few.
Use Skype free calls and messaging service
Skype is possibly the most popular free calling and messaging service used by more people all over the world. You can call or video call anyone who has a Skype account however, you need mobile data on your phone or Wi-Fi internet service to be able to use this service.
The reason why Skype is so popular is that it is so easy to use. You just download Skype on your Android phone through Google Play Store or on your iPhone through the Apple Store. Follow the simple prompts to complete the setup on your phone and within minutes, you can now use Skype. A few pointers when using Skype:
Your friend or family member should have a Skype account. You can look for friends using Skype too. Just send your friend a message request and once he accepts, you can now begin calling.
- All calls and video calls are for free, forever. Just make sure to have a steady, uninterrupted internet connection.
- You can also enjoy free video calling, even up to 8 parties.
- You can message friends to and send files, emoji, stickers, GIFs and more
- You can use Skype to manage your business too, connect to employees and clients and this is absolutely for free.
- You can also buy Skype minutes if you want to call local or landline phones and cell phones. There are plans that will work for your kind of budget or your calling needs.
- Skype is not a replacement for 911 emergency services.
Use Facebook Messenger service
If you use Facebook on the go then you can use their free Messenger service to make calls. Just like Skype, enjoy free calls and free chat service but you need to be connected to the internet to do so. Facebook Messenger will let you make free calls, call friends and family unlimitedly, send files, stickers, emoji, photos and more.
If you are not yet into Facebook Messenger, you can download this from the Apple Store if you are using an iPhone or through Google Play Store if you use an Android phone. Just follow the prompts and in just a few minutes, you can start using your phone to connect and call friends using Facebook
- You can call anytime and anywhere just make sure that your friend is also on Facebook Messenger. You can invite your Facebook friends who are not into messenger by clicking an icon when you locate them on Messenger.
- You can video call friends too at no charge however, you cannot group chat.
- With Facebook Messenger, you can call anytime but your friend needs to be online to start calling. You can otherwise send him a message to be online at a certain time so you can meet and call.
- You can leave your friend a message, a file or a short video using Facebook Messenger. A special short video message feature will let you leave a message to your recipient as well.
- There is no way to use Facebook Messenger to call landlines phones and cell phones or to upgrade your service.
Use Google Hangouts service
Hangouts is a Google app that will let you contact anyone who has a Google account or Gmail. If you are logged in to your Google account on your Android phone, install Hangouts from Google Play Store.
What’s great about Hangouts is that you can call, message and video chat for free. You can send files, photos and video files as long as you are connected to the web. Hangouts is easy to use and uses only a little bit of memory. You can use it on your Android phone, PC or laptop. Remember the following when using Hangouts
- You will only be able to call anyone who also has a Google or Gmail account. Simply add the Gmail account of your friend to start calling via Hangouts.
- To start a call, simply send your friend a message through Hangouts that you will be online to meet him. You can tell that he is online when a green dot is on his avatar.
- Hangouts is so simple to use. The interface is simple with no distracting adds or videos.
- Aside from sending files, you can also send stickers and emoji.
- Hangouts do not have video group chat calls but you can chat with many friends at the same time in one single group chat box.
- Hangouts is non-upgradable and you cannot call a landline phone or a cell phone.
- You cannot use Hangouts if you use an iPhone.
Call using Google Duo
Google Duo is another Google app that will let you call friends who are also using Google or Chrome. Similar to using Hangouts, you must log in using your Google account and search for friends who are also on Google. You can voice call, make a video call, send a message or send stickers, emoji, etc. You can group chat and video chat in groups with Google Duo.
- Duo will let you see who’s calling almost immediately. You can also use this feature so your recipient can see who you are and answer immediately as well.
- Duo is compatible with Android phones and will not work on an iPhone.
- Duo is free for as long as there is internet connection. You must make sure that you have strong and steady internet service to use Duo.
- You won’t be able to call landline phones or cell phones with Duo.
Use Viber calls and messaging service
Install Viber on your cell phone and you can call another person’s cell phone number as long as he is on Viber as well. However, you must have cellular data connection or Wi-Fi connection to call and receive calls via Viber. This app is available on Android phones, iPhone and on a Windows Phone and is free to use as long as you are online. Don’t have Viber yet? Download it on Google Play Store, Apple store or Windows Store to get started.
- Viber allows you to call and make video calls, you cannot make group calls.
- You will be informed about the people on your phone contacts that are also on Viber because upon registration to the app, you will allow it to access your contacts.
- You can use different themes, stickers, emoji and GIF to send to friends who are also on Viber.
- You won’t be able to call cell phones that are not on Viber. You won’t be able to call landline phones using this service
Other free cell phone service
Depending on your subscription, you can earn points every time you use the service. Collect enough points to be able to qualify for free calls and exchange these points. You can collect enough points to get free calls, texts or even data for a day or several days. If you’re lucky, you could even receive free calls and texts from a promo or by winning a contest or raffle. Contact your cell phone provider to get a good idea about the latest promos for you.