As technology evolves and connected devices become more and more common in every household, it seems that nothing is left behind, including doorbells. Long gone are the days of the single chime, hardwired doorbell. Don’t get me wrong, many houses still have mechanical doorbells, but with the evolution of wireless doorbells, many people are making the switch. Be it for security, customization, reliability, or the fact that we no longer have to feed wires through holes to install, wireless doorbells are quickly becoming the top preference. In the market for a change? Here are our top picks for the best wireless doorbells in 2023.
Table of Contents
The price of the Ring Video Doorbell 3 may make some reluctant to jump on this one, but it tops our list for good reasons. As far as wireless doorbells go, this one does it all. Are you concerned about security? It has a camera for that. Worried about physically having to answer the door in this new contactless world we are living in? It has two-way talk for that. Connect this with any Alexa enabled device, and it’s not just a wireless doorbell, it’s a home security device. The Ring Video Doorbell’s price far exceeds any other doorbell on this list, but if you’re in the market for a wireless doorbell that does everything, the Ring Video Doorbell is the one.
- 1080p HD motion detected video allows you to see, speak, and listen to anyone from a smartphone or Alexis enabled device.
- Receive real-time notifications so you can see who is at your house even when you’re not there.
- It uses a rechargeable battery pack for power but can also use existing doorbell wires for constant power.
- Easy five-minute installation and set-up.
- The Ring Video Doorbell 3 is a high-end wireless video doorbell, and the cost reflects that.
- To save video footage from the camera, you need a subscription to the Ring Protect Plan, and at $3 per device per month, it could be a cost many would not want to incur.
The Ring Doorbell aside, the Honeywell Home Doorbell Series 9 comes in as the highest-priced wireless doorbell on this list, but this doorbell has the quality and features offers are unmatched by any other. The classic looking transmitter is 100% portable, and with a range of 450 feet, you can carry it anywhere in or around the house. If portability is not your thing, it can also be mounted anywhere in the house. This wireless doorbell comes with eight pre-programmed chimes and has the option to download any mp3, making the chime fully customizable.
- Can be used as a wall-mounted unit or can be moved from room to room thanks to its portability.
- The ability to download mp3 files makes the chime fully customizable.
- The receiver can be muted, alerting you with a glowing ring light instead
- The receiver can last up to five years without having to replace batteries.
- While the five-year battery life is great, the receiver runs on 4 C batteries as opposed to being rechargeable.
- The 450-foot range can be drastically reduced, depending on interference from the house from proximity to other electronics or walls between transmitter and receiver.
The Avantek Mini is a wireless doorbell that has everything we could expect out of a wireless doorbell for a great price. At under twenty dollars, this wireless doorbell is an exceptional value. The Avantack Mini comes with 52 programmed chimes and five adjustable volume settings. This variety ensures you don’t miss the doorbell while at the same time not being obnoxiously loud, no matter where in the house it’s located. With a high-performance transmitter, the lithium battery can last up to three years before needing to be replaced. Perhaps best of all, the Avantek Mini is weatherproof and works between -4 F and 140 F to stand up to any condition thrown at it.
- Incredibly low price for the quality wireless doorbell that it is.
- With a 1000 ft range, you can place it just about anywhere in the house without the worry of the transmitter and receiver losing connection.
- Completely weatherproof with a large operating temperature range.
- Lithium battery is not rechargeable.
The SadoTech Wireless Doorbell is simple looking and incredibly functional. No fancy bells or whistles, The SadoTech Wireless Doorbell gets the job done with a no-frills approach. Another completely weatherproof option on this list, The SadoTech has an incredible range for such a small package, and the more than fifty chimes ensure you will find the right option to suit your taste.
- Completely waterproof.
- Long-lasting battery lasts up to three years.
- Over fifty chimes to suit your taste.
- Comes in multiple colors to match either your style or your house itself.
- Batteries are not rechargeable and will eventually need replacing.
- Not all the colors available are weatherproof. Make sure the one you select has the word waterproof in the name to ensure that it is.
The Bo Ying Waterproof Wireless Doorbell is the cheapest doorbell on this list, but don’t let that fool you. It still packs the same punch as others on this list and does so at a great price. With 38 chimes and a range of 1000 feet, this wireless doorbell boasts much of the same features, if not more than more expensive doorbells on the market. Add to that the fact that the transmitter is 100% waterproof, and anyone on a budget cannot go wrong with this wireless doorbell.
- Outstanding quality and options for the price.
- Low power consumption means long-lasting battery life.
- Can be expanded to add multiple receivers with one transmitter.
- Long-range means receivers can be placed anywhere in the house without worrying about the connection to the transmitter.
- Although it offers multiple volume settings, the max setting of 85db can be quiet and hard to hear if too far away from the receiver.
- The LED indicator light is not overly bright and often hard to see.